Happy holidays! In accordance with the upcoming holidays, below is a full list of closures and special hours for city services, offices and facilities.
City Offices and Services
City of Long Beach offices and services will adhere to the following schedule on Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2018, and Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. City Hall re-opens on Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2018, and on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
Please be advised that street sweeping and parking enforcement crews will be working on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31. Street sweeping and other parking citations will be issued as per usual. There is no holiday exemption for those days.
Closed on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1:
• Animal Care Services and spcaLA (Animal Control Officers are available to respond to calls for service)
• Career Transition Center
• Center for Working Families
• City Hall
• Citizen Police Complaint Commission
• Code Enforcement services
• Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
• Health Department and Health facilities
• Housing Authority
• Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina, Rainbow Harbor)
• Neighborhood Resource Center
• Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Center
• Park offices and community park facilities
• Police administration
• Street Sweeping
• Swimming pools
• Towing and Lien Sales
• Water Department (Water or Sewer Emergencies: 562.570.2390)
Open on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1:
• Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
• El Dorado Regional Park
• Main Police Station Front Desk
• Gas Services Dispatch is open 24/7 for emergency calls 562.570.2140
Closed on Tuesday, Dec. 25, but Open on Tuesday, Jan. 1:
• El Dorado Nature Center
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Tuesday, Dec. 25 or Tuesday, Jan. 1; services for those days will not be rescheduled. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Wednesday, Dec. 26 following Christmas Day, and on Wednesday, Jan. 2, following New Year’s Day. Be advised that street sweeping will occur as scheduled on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31.
Read your parking meter: Parking meters will be enforced on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and on Tuesday, Jan. 1, unless the meter states "Exempt on Holidays." The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters. Red, white, and blue curbs are always enforced, even on holidays. All meters will be enforced on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31.
Trash and Recycling collection services will not occur on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1. As a result, collection will be delayed one day for residents each of these weeks, beginning on Tuesdays. Monday collection will occur as usual. Friday service will be collected on Saturday.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility that is located at 3111 E. Willow Street between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue will be closed on Tuesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1. Normal business hours are:
• Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Saturday, 8.00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Closed Sunday and Holidays
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
All Long Beach Public Libraries will be open on Saturday, Dec. 22, and Saturday, Dec. 29. Bay Shore, Burnett, El Dorado, and Michelle Obama Neighborhood Libraries will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 23, and Sunday, Dec. 30. All Libraries are closed on Mondays, per their normal schedule and closed on Tuesday, Dec. 25, and on Tuesday, Jan. 1 in observance of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. All libraries will reopen on Wednesday, Dec. 26, and on Wednesday, Jan. 2. (The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available 24/7.)